Monday 28 April 2014

Up Yours!

Finally managed to see the Wood Warbler early afternoon, easily found the site due to really good directions from Black Audi. A very friendly gardener working on site pointed me in the right direction where I found EU and NH and it wasn't long before they had helped me locate it although the little blighter was lively and kept pretty well on the move, with the consequence that I only managed to get photos of its underside and its jaxi. Really good to meet up with EU and NH and after the best part of an hour we all decided to move on.
I decided to revisit pit 60 at Standlake in the hope that the Black-Necked Grebe would be closer to the shore and give me at least a record shot. Parked up and walked down the lane leading to Langley Hide (at least I think that's the name for it) There were many hundreds of Martins going through mostly Sands. The B-N Grebe gave me better views but not great ones with the result I still have not taken a decent shot of it . Other birds seen were a Wren in full song just past the sub-station on the way down and on or by the water I noted Shoveller, Teal Red-Crested Pochard, Gadwall, Little Egret, Common Sandpiper and Reed Bunting along with Greenfinch on the hide side feeders.
The Oxon Feather.
                                            Wood Warbler
                                          Singing Wren
                                          Black-Necked Grebe
                                           Red-Crested Pochard
                                           Little Egret
                                          Common Sandpiper
                                           Shoveler





No comments:

Post a Comment