Thursday 19 December 2013

He Aint Heavy He's My Brother

Needed to call on our favourite bird artist in Didcot today and he seems to be coping well with a heavy work load, as far as I could tell he hasn't cut an ear off yet but of course his hair style means if he has, there is no way of knowing, indeed both ears may be missing.
On the road between West Hendred and the Lockinge turn-off there were quite a lot of Winter Thrush's in the hedgerows. Because I was running short on time I thought a look in at The Baulking Fullers Earth Pit fitted in nicely so I parked up close to Baulking Green and walked through the small plantations that line the footpath into the pit proper.
On the lake were Tufted , Wigeon, Mallard, Pochard, Great Crested Grebe, Dabchick, LBBGull and a couple of Swans.
As I walked back to my car A charm of some dozen Goldfinch were perched in a tree and with them one solitary Yellowhammer now I have seen these two species feed together as the food source gives them cause to mingle but just one Yellowhammer in these circumstances seemed very odd indeed, perhaps this bird is suffering an identity crisis - I know the feeling.
The Oxon Feather.
He Aint Heavy He's My Brother
                                          Tufted and Pochard.
                                          LBB Gulls and Great Crested Grebe.
                                          Wigeon in the air.
                                         Another Fly-Past of Duck.    

No comments:

Post a Comment