Tuesday 31 December 2013

And so 2013 goes out with a whimper.

Spent the last day of 2013 beating at Carswell Marsh where the early rain left me drenched and the flooded fields filled my wellies with water. Several Hares and Roe Deer were seen while the birds that put in an appearance were 1 Jay, 2 Egyptian Geese, circa 200 Winter Thrushes, 2 Buzzard, 2 Red Kite, 2 Woodcock and around 150 Gulls mainly B Headed.
The New Year celebrations have never really done it for me as I just don't see what we're meant to be celebrating , if it's on the basis that the date has changed then every day should be celebrated at least I enjoyed Ray Davies performing 'All of the day and all of the night' on Jools, an added bonus he managed to get through the song without dying.
The Oxon Feather.

          This Red Kite is actually well clear of the wires
                                   One for the Larid-Loonies

No comments:

Post a Comment