Tuesday 19 November 2013

The cold wind almost made my teeth Chat-Chat-Chatter.

Walked the Ridgeway from Court Hill to Hendred and back in a really cold wind that signaled that Winter is nearly on us. The compensation apart from the most beautiful scenery was in the form of an obliging Stonechat , a couple of Kestrel, two Raven (heard but not seen) about a dozen Yellowhammers, I guess a dozen Red Kite and a small Pipit-like bird that just would not keep still and let me identify it.
That well known Oxon birder and Author Clackers has asked me to include this piece of info on my blog and I am pleased to do so. I quote "On Thursday night, between 7.00 and 8.00pm, Richard Crossley, author of the famous guides, and well known journalist, author and birder, Dominic Couzens will have a live discussion, on line, and this link will get you to the princeton univ press website giving you the details and link to join in this discussion. it's a unique event and one which all birders ought to know about."  http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10102.html
The Oxonfeather






nfeather.

No comments:

Post a Comment