Tuesday 15 October 2013

Not the Most Welcoming of Signs.

On what turned out to be a pleasant day due in no small measure to periods of sunshine and an absence of rain following prolonged steady downpours over the last couple of days. The parking of my motor close to the Buckland Village Hall took me down memory lane as this was the very same hall where in my younger days my mates and I after sometimes having a few underage pints at the Trout at Tadpole would walk to the hall to enjoy what was on offer at the Youth Club , you can tell how keen we were to either have a drink or perhaps flirt with the female talent to be found at the Youth Club, I suspect the one gave us the dutch courage for the other, when you consider it meant a round walk of three miles.
Today I walked through part of the village before heading towards the River Thames and crossing over Ten Foot Bridge then returning over Ten Foot and entering the village from the other end. The birds I noted were 2 Buzzard, 2 Red Kites, 1 Jay, 4 Blue Tits, 2 Great Tits, 3 Chaffinch, 2 Moorhen, 2 Jenny Wrens and my first Fieldfares of the season not too sure how many there were as they moved on rather quickly certainly less than 20 but more than 15. Of course there were good numbers of Corvids, Pigeons, Robins and Blackbirds.
The Oxonfeather.
                          I suppose they could have named it worse - like Bollocks.
 Ten Foot Bridge - Of course nothing on it measures ten feet.
                                Looking downstream from the bridge
                                             and upstream
                     I pondered what wild animal could have made these claw marks
    of course, silly me it's where people let their blasted dogs in and out of the Thames

No comments:

Post a Comment