Wednesday 17 July 2013

The Bouncer.

Having been invited to walk a farm of some 250 acres I was delighted to find myself in the company of that lovely little Butterfly the Gatekeeper and at times I counted dozens of them. The superb pocket guide to Butterflies by the other half of the oh! so talented Lewington brothers Richard tells me that this is a sedentary Butterfly and indeed individuals returned again and again to a favoured resting place. (by the way if you require a butterfly book then at less than a tenner this is a steal)
Saw plenty of Marbled White and Small Tortoiseshell and on the bird front A pair of Skylark with four fledged young were a sight to savour and if the sun had not been beating mercilessly down I would have carried on but after about four hours out in it I think foolhardy is the word to describe sticking it out any longer.
camboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment