Friday 7 June 2013

Grassed Up.

With the much improved weather of late suddenly there are meadows of lush grass and quite a few fields have been cut for silage. My farmer friends tell me the yields are surprisingly pretty good seeing as even with the warmer days many nights have been rather cold.
Most things seem about a month or so late and the brown type butterflies are no exception with apart from mainly peacocks very little else.
A stroll in the as yet uncut meadows of a friends farm gave me singing chiffchaff and a fleeting glimpse of a bird looking like a pied flycatcher that i'll be keeping a look out for on future visits.
This particular farm with its "left alone wild bits" is shouting out to me that tree sparrow and spotted flycatcher must surely be on site, I guess I need to try harder and look longer.
camboy.




No comments:

Post a Comment