Thursday 19 July 2012

What has Ten Legs?

And ten wings but only five beaks ? The answer is my new flock of five chickens recently acquired from my Daughter who is just too busy with work and family to find time for them - the hens that is. The flock consists of one Silkie, two Light Sussex and two Fenton Rose the latter derived from the Ancona and therefore laying attractively coloured eggs, within hours of arriving they had provided me with four eggs.
Had a look down Shellingford Quarry thursday 19th not much showing in the way of Dragonflies but the place is ablaze with some very pretty flowers and I will post some of them when I can sort out their identification also two Green Woodpeckers and a lone Tufted Duck.
Yarrow

Don't Know

The Chickens

Tufted Duck
camboy

No comments:

Post a Comment