Wednesday 13 June 2012

Now Don't Be Frightened Children

The great big yellow thing hanging in the sky is called the sun and will not hurt you if you cover up appropriately, in fact as I blog the birds in my garden including Stock Dove , Jackdaw,Greater - Spotted Woodpecker, Goldfinch, House Sparrow, Greenfinch and Collared Dove are enjoying the dryer conditions as they search and find morsels of food.
I await the arrival of Roy Overall the Swift aficianado and co-author of the "Swifts in the Museum Tower". He visits on Oxford Ornithological Society business but I will use the opportunity to listen to the latest Swift developments, you may also be interested to learn Roy has been recently honoured with a prestigious award for his magnificent dedication to the Swift and you can read all about it in my "From The Secretary " notes in the latest OOS bulletin - coming to a doorstep near you if you are a member of the OOS shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment